Last night marked the one year anniversary of Tuesday Night Beer Club (TNBC). Shawn, Mark, Ed, Rich, and myself were the players for the evening. Since it was a big evening we all decided to bring out the big guns to help celebrate.
Ed was the host for the evening, so he supplied us with dinner, which included burgers, brawts, potato salad, and chips. Darn tasty. As usual, each of us brought at least three beers. Shit, Mark brought a vertical of 10, 11, and 12 of Firestone Walker anniversary beers but we all agreed to have that at the next TNBC when we can do the vertical justice.
Below is the list of beers, in the order that I liked them.
- Odells-Bourban Barrel Stout Imperial Stout-10.5 ABV
- Great Lakes-Barrel Aged Blackout-9.0 ABV
- Lost Abbey-Sinners Blend ’09-Belgian Strong Ale-8.0 ABV
- Avery-Dupeslusa-Wild Ale-9.6 ABV
- Sierra Nevada-30th Anniversary-Helles Bock-8.3 ABV
- Great Divide-Yeti Oak Barrel Aged Imperial Stout-12.2 ABV
- Cigar City-Hundihpus-Imp Stout-11.5 ABV
I am almost never negative about American craft beer but I have had several Cigar City beers now (so have the others in the group) and none of us have been impressed. Maybe i have had the wrong beers. Enough said.
The next TNBC is in another four to six weeks, can’t wait for the Firestone vertical. Enjoy!