Tuesday Night Beer Club (TNBC) is hosted at one of the “members” houses on a rotation each month with the host getting to select the theme of the evening. Shawn’s house, Shawn’s theme: sours. I don’t mind sours but I am not a huge fan of drinking one right after another, similar to IPAs, but I really enjoy IPAs. Each person attending had to bring at least sour. There was six of and plenty of sour and brett to go around.
The rules of the evening are simple: host has dinner for everyone (Shawn’s wife made great pasta and salad), the host gets to choose the first beer, we share each beer, and we choose beers clockwise from there.
The lineup was pretty solid and below is the order we drank them and the order in which rated them in parenthesis comes after:
- Vieille Provision Saison DuPont (6)
- Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina (5)
- Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, Blend 5, 2009 (4)
- Russian River Beatification, Batch 003 (3)
- Ithaca Brute, Batch# E!018 (7)
- Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison-Brett No.05809/11950 (8)
- Midnight Sun Oak Aged Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter (2)
- Hoppin’ Frog Barrel Aged B.O.R.I.S. Oatmeal Imperial Stout (1)
Some of the beers I know are sought after but I guess I am not a big enough fan of the style to appreciate them fully. Nevertheless it was a good experience to
Another TNBC in the books. Too bad we couldn’t have them more often. 😉 Enjoy!
Tags: Beer, Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison-Brett, Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged B.O.R.I.S. Oatmeal Imperial Stout, Ithaca Brute, Jolly Pumpkin La Roja, Midnight Sun Oak Aged Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter, Russian River Beatification, Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina, tuesday night beer club, Vieille Provision Saison DuPont