My first appearance at the Tuesday Night Beer Club was well worth the wait. Ed, Mark, Shawn, Mace, Mike, and myself were the participants. It was held at Mark’s house but Mike, his brother, was the official host as he doesn’t have the room at his place to hold everyone.
Dinner, as long as it is under $20, is provided by the host any additional costs is shared by the other attendees. Last night we had some good beef sandwiches with macaroni and cheese, and some fried mushrooms from Browns. Never have gone there but I will have to try them in the future.
Beer reviews, consumption, and opening begins with the host deciding on a beer from the 25 or so 12 oz. and 22 oz. bombers that were sitting on the table. free run 6 femmes I didn’t keep track of all the beers we drank, but here goes some thoughts on each that I did.
- Rastafa Rye Ale by Blue Point Brewing Company a big bready rye beer that is decent just lacking anything that made me say wow.
- Trade Winds by The Bruery is a tripel that is nothing better than, at best, an average tripel.
- Stone, Ken Schmidt, Maui Macadamia, Coffee, Coconut Porter by Stone Brewing Company a collaboration that
- Alpha Klaus by Three Floyds Brewing Company had a nice hoppy twist to a porter that I could enjoy over and over again.
- Hazelnut Brown Nectar by Rogue Brewery was a decent beer that had a great pour and aroma but just came up a little short in the taste.
More important than all the beer was the good time talking to everyone about beer, the Bears, and anything that popped into our heads. I look forward to the next round at my house. Enjoy!