The process I settled on:
- Freeze the fruit
- Remove the fruit from the freezer when ready to use
- Let it sit for a short time before preparing (should be easier to prepare mostly frozen)
- Sanitize the peeler, knife, and cutting board
- Peel all the Mangos (damn cold on the hands)
- Cut the Mangos into small enough chunks to fit into the carboy
- Rack the Saison on top of the Mangos
- Let it sit
Not sure how long I need to let this mixture marinate. At this point I figure to start tasting around the month range, creating a timetable based on aroma/flavor from there.
I remember pitching the Brett with this beer on brew day, thinking that was a mistake. I am on the fence at this point. The aroma of the beer (I forgot to take the gravity) wasn’t quite what I was expecting and, since I didn’t taste it, I have not idea where to set expectations (Right now they aren’t high, which pains me).
I am still planning on dry hopping before I bottle (Motueka based on a lemon-lime, tropical, and spicy description, feel it should add a nice compliment to the Mango and base Saison). Enjoy!
Useless Fact: It is estimated that 4 million “junk” telephone calls, phone solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United States!