My first BIF (beer it forward) Secret Santa is in the books from my end of things. The person I had had their favorite style as IPA (India Pale Ale). I am always skeptical with hoppy beers for the fact that if they aren’t new, there is a good chance the hops have fallen out (especially aroma) and the beer will be a malty mess with some bitterness on the end. I tried to be very careful, making sure that the beers, to the best of my knowledge, where fresh.
In my nape of the neck, there aren’t that many “hard” to get IPAs, so I tried to spice up the goods with some nice stouts to. Hope they are appreciated.
- Surly Darkness 750ml
- Ska Brewing Decadent 22oz
- Elysian Dragonstooth 22oz (on wants list)
- Three Floyds Dark Lord 2010 22oz
- Half Acre Daisy Cutter 16oz
- Half Acre Gossamer 16oz (on wants list)
- Surly Furious 16oz
- Bell’s Oracle 12oz
- Tyranena Hop Whore 12oz (on wants list)
- Tyranena La Femme Amere 12oz (on wants list)
- Tyranena Double Down ‘N Even Dirtier 12oz
- O’so Hopdinger 12oz
- Arcadia Hopmouth 12oz
- Ebel’s Weiss 12oz (on wants list)
- Short’s Humalupalicious 12oz (on wants list)
- New Belgium Fat Tire 12oz (on wants list)
- New Glarus Unplugged Apple Ale 12oz (on wants list)
- Meantime IPA 11.2oz (on wants list)
- Meantime London Porter 11.2oz (on wants list)
19 different beers with three of them being doubled up for a total of 22 beers, 10 of those wants, and 314 ounces of liquid goodness. Included was a long sleeve Half Acre shirt, Three Floyds Glass, 1# of Turtles from Fanny Mae, various coasters, and a beer Christmas card.
Now let’s see what shows up on my front step. Will I do it again next year? Hell yes. Enjoy!
Tags: american craft beer